Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Life Is A Roller Coaster

You know how it is when you live your life, and on occasion, you may look over your shoulder at where you've been, but as time goes on and you walk farther, those things are fuzzy and out of focus? In other words, time forces us to forget. Sometimes it's only in small degrees, sometimes in large increments. Then, out of nowhere, a wall of recollection hits you. You're a victim of long-forgotten emotions, flashes of images that have been tucked safely away for decades...it's almost painful. No, it IS painful.

I am currently dealing with an emotional blast from the past, and I'm becoming almost obsessive in trying to "resolve" issues from 20 years ago. I need to get my head back on my shoulders and deal with TODAY.

Everyone is doing well, for the record. It's been very humid and miserable, the bugs are taking over the world, but other than that...summer is being good to me.

CJ has been on ulcer treatment supps for almost 2 weeks. I see a noticeable change in his behavior and attitude. Just plain perkier. I guess that's good AND bad. I will keep him on them for as long as I need to.

I'll fill you in next week, after Toi's next horse show on Sunday. I'll try to take some good photos for you.

Happy Trails to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Be strong. We'll make it- one step at a time.

    Kiss your CJ, squeeze your baby, and hug your hubby. They'll all help get you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom. I'll make it. I always do, right?

    Hugs to you. Hope all is well on your end. Will find time today to surf over and catch up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there; this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I SO know what you mean. I get those occasionally too. They never hit when you have time to deal with them, either, do they?

    ReplyDelete